When you are picking out a watch, you should understand the different types you can buy. There are three main types of watches: analog, digital, and analog/digital. An analog watch holds hour and minute hands with the hours depicted with numbers, marks, or roman numerals. Digital watches display time in numerical form on either an LCD or LED face. Analog/digital watches combine the two other types into one watch.
- Analog watches are typically considered traditional and are good for business and formal occasions as well as dates. Digital watches are very casual. Analog/digital watches are practical because they can be worn every day and are also good for work, but they aren't for formal occasions.
- Examples of DUO(Analog/Digital) watches:
Product: https://mrcronos.com/products/bobo-bird-1-k12 and https://mrcronos.com/products/bobo-bird-m07-special-edition
There are two elements on a watch where materials matter. The case and the band will change materials depending on the brand, style, type, and price of the watch. The case, or part that holds the face of the watch, typically can be made of plastic, resin, metal such as steel, brass, or titanium, as well as precious metals such as gold, silver, and platinum. The bands can be made in all of the materials as cases, with the addition of materials such as canvas, leather (real and fake), and exotic skins.
- The price of these materials vary greatly. Plastic will obviously be the cheapest, cheap, synthetic materials will fall next, leather and other skins will be slightly more, typical metals will be next, while the precious metal watches are typically the most expensive. Those prices will vary depending on the quality of the precious materials. For example, metal ranges from the least expensive 10K metals to the more expensive 18K metals.
Movement types are the power sources for the watches. Watches use three basic movement types: battery, quartz, and mechanical. Battery movement utilizes batteries as the only source of power. Quartz movement runs when the power of a battery is sent through the quartz on the inside of the watch. Mechanical movement relies on the wearer winding the elements, which is either manual or automatic.
- Battery watches are the cheapest and least luxurious. Digital watches and watches bought at department or clothing stores are typically battery watches.
- Quartz watches are slightly more expensive than traditional battery watches, but are the most accurate of all the different types. They require little maintenance aside from occasionally replacing the battery and are not prized by collectors due to the simplicity of their design.
- Mechanical watches are either wound by hand (manual) or are wound throughout the day by the movements of the wearer (automatic, or self-winding). These watches are the most expensive, most luxurious, and are prized most by collectors due to the intricacy of their design.
- Examples of Automatic Self-Wind watches:
- https://mrcronos.com/products/ik-colouring-mrcronos-76-02 E
You can buy watch styles specifically designed for sports, work, formal events, going out, and casual outfits. Where you are going to be wearing your watch should be the main factor in deciding what style of watch to buy. If you are going to use it while running, swimming, or you want some extra features dealing with heart rate, you should go with a sports watch. If you need a watch to wear to work, formal events, or dates, your best bet would be to buy a dress watch. If you just need a day to day watch to wear with everything, buy a casual watch. If you need it for all kinds of occasions from work to everyday life, go with a dress watch. It looks better when you wear casual clothes with a dress watch than it does to wear a casual watch with office attire.
- The gadget watch is an emerging style that keeps gaining popularity every year, though they are still most popular with tech-savvy individuals. They have features that include things such as calendars, digital cameras, and e-mail programs, just to name a few.
- The different styles can range anywhere from simple to luxurious, depending on the brand, designer, price, and functions.